Monday, February 13, 2012

Flower Girl Pink – Color A Day #38


I am now in possession of a stash of old family photos.  What a treasure trove.  Today’s color comes straight from this photo archive.  I was a flower girl at a cousin’s wedding when I was almost 4.   Ask any little girl: it’s a big deal to be a flower girl.  And, it was a big deal to me, although I don’t remember many details, and frankly, it was a very, very long time ago.  But, I do remember having a basket of rose petals that I dropped up the aisle, and, of course I remember how much I LOVED my pink dress.  The pink was the perfect shade – not too bright, not too pale – a soft, slightly dusty pink.  This old picture of me at the wedding reception captures the essence of that moment…a little girl lost in the moment on a momentous day.  And, there is the dress,  just as I remember it – Flower Girl Pink.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment