Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Dark Chocolate - Color A Day #40


I can't read this gentlemen's message, but he ought to consider giving her chocolate...
I intimated in yesterday’s blog post that I like chocolate.  Truly, “like” is an understatement.  I hinted that my otherwise strong stand against the abomination of children giving lots of candy for Valentine’s might be easily forgotten over a piece of fine chocolate.   This is true.  I shudder to think how quickly my morals and principles would fall by the wayside just over the prospect of a taste of The-Food-of-the-Gods (i.e., Dark Chocolate).

I know my way around the fine chocolate bar aisle.  Valrhona, Lindt, Godiva, even Gherridelli (among others) are all excellent.  But I’m particularly partial to Scharffen Berger Chocolate.  I’ve even toured their factory in Berkeley back when they first began making America’s first “bean to bar” chocolate.   And if you’ve never had a taste of Scharffen Berger’s Nibby Bar (made with cacao nibs),  you owe it to yourself to do so.
Scharffen Berger Chocolate Maker, Berkeley, Ca...
Scharffen Berger Chocolate Maker, Berkeley, Ca


So today I honor this, the highest form of sweet….although chocolate is best when it is bittersweet.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment