Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Greatest Thing

Lately I've been listening to music by Pomplamoose (see last week's posting for more on them)...and I am enchanted by the song "Nature Boy".  I've heard this sung before (it was done by Nat King Cole back in the day) but for some reason...maybe the beauty of the arrangement, or the singer Nataly Dawn's sweet voice...this version made me stop and really hear the lyrics.  And the simple, astounding truth of the words is resonating with me right now.

Nature Boy -Words and Music by Eden Ahbez
There was a boy
A very strange enchanted boy
They say he wandered very far, very far
Over land and sea
A little shy
And sad of eye
But very wise
Was he...


And then one day

A magic day he passed my way
And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me...


"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

No comments:

Post a Comment